Last week, I had a fascinating chat with Kickboxing Champion Jessica Fleischer. In this fascinating conversation, which can be viewed above, we learn about what it takes in order to develop the mindset of a champion. What can we learn and apply in our day-to-day business as solopreneurs? Some highlights:
- Know your mission: Jess didn’t have self confidence as a kid, and had to fight limiting beliefs, such as “I’m too big” and “I can’t do it”. Her boyfriend encouraged her to get into kickboxing, she became a champion and then devoted her energy to helping others to build their own confidence through it
- Jessica is now teaching others to find their inner champion. It’s never too late to start; it depends on your goals how far you are prepared to go
- Personal development is another crucial component alongside physical exercise, in order to cultivate a champion’s mindset. Jessica also runs a weekly book club as part of her I Am Fighting Fit kickboxing club, where relevant non-fiction books are discussed.
- Becoming a champion created the confidence in her to believe in herself to go self-employed. NLP and hypnosis helped her to make the mindset shift
- Everyone wants the glory of being a champion, black belt or master, but do they want to turn up at every training session, even after they had a long day at work and didn’t have a good nights sleep? Consistently repeating what you need to be doing in order to succeed, is key to success
- You need to have the discipline because the motivation will not always be there. Dedication, determination and discipline are key to success.
- Identify the gaps and find your niche. Jessica is currently using her experience of kickboxing and hypnotherapy to help martial arts instructors.
- Know your mission and understand what drives you. Jessica has completed a vision board with her Ikigai as a constant visual reminder of the common area between what she loves doing, what she is good at, what she can earn money from and what the world needs.
Join here my FREE facebook group for solopreneurs, small business owners, therapists and creatives who want to beat stress and overwhelm and create freedom, accountability and clarity of purpose: From Vision to Action | Facebook